Net Insight is a global leader in media networks and resource optimization. With more than 20 years of experience, Net Insight is a trusted and important partner and a leading force in the media tech industry in creating a better media experience.
Media production and consumption is growing, across networks and devices. Consumers are demanding more personalized content, at a higher quality and on demand on any device, which is impacting our customers to radically transform the way they do their business today.
At Net Insight we are changing the way we produce and distribute live TV across managed infrastructure, internet transport and the cloud. We are leading the way content owners produce content remotely, the way service providers distribute content across any infrastructure and are investing heavily in the latest technology to change the economics of live TV in the cloud.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a full-time position based in Camarillo, California, USA.
An ideal candidate will have a passion for developing great Web applications to control complex products and services and will be skilled in architecting complex high-performance systems.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack you will assume a leading role in developing Web based applications and automation interfaces to control and monitor Net Insight media network virtualization products (formerly known under the Aperi name: www.apericorp.com).
You will collaborate with other development and QA engineers to ensure high quality of our products and customer satisfaction.
- Design, develop and test Web application code (front-end and back-end) following engineering best practices and ensuring high quality code standards
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Design and document effective RESTful APIs
- Work with Product Management to identify and analyze product requirements and develop product specifications
- Be a strong advocate for modular design and clean code principles
- Contribute to improvements in engineering best practices
- Recommend product improvements to enhance customer experience
- A BS degree in EE/CS or related field or equivalent job experience
- 5 years of experience in software development
- Extensive experience in Web application development using modern frameworks (backend and frontend)
- Experience in architecture and design of RESTful APIs and selection of frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of Linux and IP based networks
- Experience with TDD/BDD and test automation
- Experience with Swagger and Docker for deployment and provisioning
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems and root cause analysis
As a person you are analytical and have a problem-solving attitude. You have excellent communication skills and are familiar with agile methodologies.
Experience with Cloud, Media, TV, or Broadcast industry is considered an advantage.
ABOUT NET INSIGHT
Net Insight is powering the evolving media business in a connected world where technology enables seamless meetings between producers, distributors, and consumers of content – regardless of geographical location, technical resources, or distribution network. With its deep market knowledge and insight, genuine customer focus and world-leading innovative technology, Net Insight makes it easier to create and deliver better content in a more reliable and effective way. Net Insight is driven by the idea that everything can always be done smarter, for both its customers and their customers.
More than 500 world-class customers run mission-critical media services using Net Insight’s solutions in more than 60 countries worldwide. Net Insight is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
In accordance with Affirmative Action requirements of Sec. 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, Net Insight Inc. will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact the Human Resources Department of Net Insight Inc.
For more information, please visit www.netinsight.net
Twitter: @NetInsight, twitter.com/NetInsight
LinkedIn: @Net Insight, www.linkedin.com/company/net-i...